Colorado Springs CO Car Accident Lawyer
Car wrecks happen every day. But you shouldn’t deal with the aftermath alone. A Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer can help you navigate the complex insurance claims or personal injury lawsuit process. At Brylak Law, we have extensive experience working with people who have been seriously injured. We will help you obtain the compensation you deserve after a crash. Call us today at (866) 496-3815.
Causes of Car Accidents in Colorado Springs
The most common cause of car accidents in Colorado Springs is driver negligence. However, you must prove that the other driver was negligent in order to hold them legally liable for your losses. To show negligence, you should work with a Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer to prove:
- The other driver owed you a duty to drive safely;
- The other driver did not drive in a reasonably safe manner and violated that duty;
- The driver caused the car accident with unreasonable actions or inaction; and
- You were injured or otherwise suffered losses because of the other driver.
Driver negligence and other common causes of car accidents include:
- Reckless or aggressive behavior while driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Texting and driving or otherwise distracted driving
- Violating traffic laws, such as speeding
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Sleepy or fatigued driving
- Unsafe roads
- Weather that is dangerous
- Defective car parts
- Failure to property maintain the vehicle
Steps You Should Take After a Car Accident in Colorado Springs
It can be difficult to know what to do after a car accident. You may be confused and unsure of how to handle a claim. These steps can help you remain calm after an accident:
- Get medical assistance. If you are seriously injured, get emergency medical care at the scene of the accident. Even if you only have minor injuries, you should follow up with a doctor.
- Call 911. The police will conduct an investigation and complete an accident report that can be used in making a claim.
- Get names, phone numbers, and insurance information from other drivers. You should also collect personal information from witnesses.
- Take pictures and video of the accident. You should thoroughly document property damage, surroundings, and injuries.
- Call a Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer. As soon as you’re able, call an attorney who can help you make a claim.
Insurance adjusters will start calling you soon after an accident. You shouldn’t talk to them until you’ve consulted with a Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer.
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
Because cars often travel at high speeds and wrecks involve large objects, serious injuries are common in car accidents. Although you may be injured in many different ways, common injuries include:
- Neck injuries like whiplash
- Mild, moderate, and severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Soft tissue damage, such as bruises, burns, and lacerations
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Mental health issues, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
A Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer can help you gather your medical records to show that you were injured in the wreck. Then, you can submit a claim for compensation to the other driver’s insurance company.
How Much Is a Car Accident Claim Worth in Colorado Springs, CO?
You may file a claim with the insurance company of the negligent driver or with your own insurance company. However, if there is no insurance available or if the insurance company denies your claim, you may have to file a personal injury lawsuit. You should work with a Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer to help you handle the legal issues after a crash.
Brylak Law can help you obtain compensation for the following losses after a car accident:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Modifications you may need to homes and vehicles due to your injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs if you lost a loved one in the accident
- Punitive damages
Contact a Colorado Springs CO Car Accident Lawyer for Help With Your Claim
If you or a loved one were in a car accident, you likely have many questions. An experienced Colorado Springs CO car accident lawyer can give you answers and walk you through the legal process after a crash. Call Brylak Law today at (866) 496-3815.