Have You Been Involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
Motor vehicle accidents occur everyday, some resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. If you are a victim of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to fair compensation from the negligent party, who should be held accountable for your loss. However, getting them to pay can be infuriating. A top notch and experienced San Antonio car accident lawyer can help reduce your stress, so you can focus on healing.
Motor Vehicle Types
Motor vehicles may include the following:
- Commercial vehicles (e.g. taxis)
Motor vehicle accidents could occur between multiple motor vehicles, a motor vehicle and a pedestrian, or just one motor vehicle. Reasons for the accidents can also vary. Our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio have often seen the following causes of motor vehicle accidents:
- Distraction, including texting or speaking on a cell phone
- Violation of traffic laws (e.g. speeding, tailgating, failure to yield or stop, unsafe lane change)
- Driving while intoxicated (alcohol or drugs)
- Unsafe road and/or weather conditions
- Defective or malfunctioned vehicle parts
- Driver fatigue
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you should:
- Exchange insurance information.
- Take photographs of all vehicles involved in the accident, the accident scene, tire marks (if possible), any damaged property, and your injuries.
- Obtain all witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Contact the police. They will conduct an investigation and generate a police or accident report summarizing their investigation and findings, indicate any issued citations, and contain a diagram of the accident.
- Report your injuries and your symptoms to the police officer, which will be included in the report.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries, even if they manifest later. Tell your physician the accident details and your injuries.
Do NOT speak to anyone, including the other party’s insurance adjuster, regarding the accident except the police, your treating physicians, and your personal injury lawyers in San Antonio
Contact the personal injury lawyers in San Antonio
Our skilled and knowledgeable lawyers will:
- Review and investigate your claim, including questioning witnesses, obtaining the police report, your medical records, and other necessary evidence.
- Analyze your case to determine the best strategy to obtain the compensation you deserve
- Negotiate or litigate you case
Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer provides knowledgeable representation for accident victims. You have two years from the date of the accident to file suit, so contact San Antonio car accident attorneys by calling Brylak Law today at 210.733.5533.