Insurance Claim Advice
Insurance companies make money by paying you as little as possible. They spend millions training their adjusters on ways to make you take less money than you deserve for your injuries.
After an accident, the insurance adjuster may want to record your conversation. Never allow the insurance company to record anything you say. They might use it against you later.
After an accident, the insurance company may offer you a little money. The insurance company knows that you may not have money to get medical treatment and that it may take weeks for a doctor to properly evaluate and treat your injury. Before you sign anything from an insurance company, contact our San Antonio Accident Attorney at Brylak Law. You may waive any right to get compensation for your injuries.
Auto Accident Tips
Don’t talk to anyone who works for an insurance company. Call San Antonio Accident Attorney at Brylak Law before you sign anything.
- Always call the police
- Call for an ambulance if necessary
- Use your camera phone to take pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident and of the accident scene
- Don’t talk to the other driver about the accident, but make sure you get his or her telephone number and insurance information.
- Tell the police everything that happened
- Try to obtain the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses
- If you are injured, seek medical treatment immediately.
I need medical treatment, but I don’t have the money to see a doctor
When you are in an accident, the insurance company will not pay the doctor bill directly. At most, they will tell you to go to a doctor and give them the bill which they may or may not pay. As you know, a doctor isn’t going to treat you unless you have health insurance or cash to pay.
If you do not have health insurance, we can assist you in finding a doctor who treats injured people and waits until the defendant’s insurance company settles your case for payment. You can get the care you need, when you need it, without having to wait until the insurance company settles with you.