Colorado Springs CO Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking accident claims can be complex. Since commercial vehicles are much larger than other motor vehicles, your injuries may be more severe. And insurance companies and trucking company representatives may try to take advantage of you. If you suffered injury in a truck accident, you need the assistance of a Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer who can help you deal with the legal aspects of your claim as well as help you recover compensation for you injuries. Call Brylak Law at (866) 496-3815 today.
Types of Truck Accidents That Occur in Colorado Springs CO
An accident with a truck can happen at any time on any road. However, they most commonly occur on highways with other vehicles. These crashes often involve serious injuries and devastating losses.
Common truck accidents may involve the following:
- Crashes with multiple vehicles, including buses, cars, and motorcycles
- Incidents with bicycles
- Pedestrian accidents
- Collisions with deer and other animals
A Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer can correspond with other parties that may have been involved in the accident.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Colorado Springs
It’s important to determine the exact cause of a truck accident so that you know who is responsible for your losses. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver negligence or trucker error
- Speeding and other violations of traffic laws
- Drowsy driving and fatigued driving
- Failure to properly train drivers
- Distracted driving and texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to maintain the vehicle
- Work zones and unsafe roads
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Improperly loaded trucks
Truck Accident Liability
Once you determine the cause of your accident, you can hold the liable party responsible for your injuries and other losses. However, determining who is legally liable can be complex. A Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer can help you investigate and determine the liability of the following parties:
- Truck Driver – If the driver was negligent and worked for themselves as an independent contractor, then they may be the only liable party.
- Trucking Company – If the driver was an employee of a trucking company, they might be legally liable as well.
- Truck Designers and Manufacturers – If a defective truck part caused your accident, the truck designer or manufacturer may be responsible for your losses.
- Maintenance Company – Trucks need regular maintenance and frequent repairs. If those repairs were not properly completed, another company may be responsible for your wreck.
Sometimes more than one party is responsible for your damages. It’s important to identify all of the people and companies who are liable. If you fail to name any party in a lawsuit, the entire lawsuit may be dismissed. A Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer can help you determine liability and obtain compensation from those who owe you reparations.
Federal and State Trucking Laws
Both federal and state agencies impose regulations on truckers and trucking companies. They must comply with rules regarding hours of service, truck maintenance, truck loads, and more. If they fail to comply with Colorado rules or federal regulations, then they can cause a serious accident. A Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer can conduct an independent investigation to determine if all parties were in compliance with laws.
Truck Accident Compensation
When you are injured in a truck accident, you likely have many unexpected expenses. Although recovering financial damages will not help you heal, it can put your mind at ease in the middle of a difficult time. Our Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer can help you obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and loss of earning capacity
- Damage to your vehicle and other property
- Disfigurement and disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life and Loss of consortium
- Burial and funeral costs, if you lost a loved one
- Punitive damages, if applicable
Although every truck accident is different, a Colorado Springs CO truck accident attorney can help you understand what your truck accident claim is worth.
Contact a Colorado Springs CO Truck Accident Lawyer Today
When dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident, you face a lot of stress. However, you don’t have to deal with it alone. A Colorado Springs CO truck accident lawyer at Brylak Law can help you make a claim and understand your legal options. Call us today at (866) 496-3815 for a free consultation.