Personal Injury Lawyers San Antonio
After a serious accident, it’s almost always in your best interest to consult with a San Antonio personal injury lawyer. At Brylak Law, we understand the unique challenges facing accident victims. We fight for our clients, helping them recover compensation after an unexpected injury.
Comprehensive Legal Services for Accident Victims
A serious accident can turn your world upside down. Suddenly, you’re facing massive medical bills, lost income, and an uncertain future. To make matters worse, the insurance company might give you a hard time and deny your claims. At Brylak Law, we help accident victims with the challenging process of rebuilding after a crash or injury.
We handle a wide variety of San Antonio accident claims, including the following:
- Motor vehicle claims involving:
- Driver error
- Reckless driving
- No-fault car accidents
- Drunk driving accident victim
- Pedestrian accidents
- Highway defects
- Bad faith insurance claims
- Bicycle and pedestrian injuries
- Motorcycle crashes
- Product liability claims for dangerous and defective products
- Premises liability (i.e., slip and falls and swimming pool claims)
- Wrongful death
Motor Vehicle Accidents
After a serious car accident, you might face overwhelming medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. If you lose a loved one, these issues are even more profound. At Brylak Law, our clients work alongside a dedicated personal injury lawyer. We help accident victims with the following:
- File insurance claims, including the following:
- Liability claims
- Personal injury protection (PIP) claims
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Investigate the accident as well as identify all the negligent parties
- Compile their evidence, including bothpolice reports and medical records
- Calculate their damages
- File and pursue lawsuits against negligent parties as well as their insurance companies
- Negotiate personal injury settlements
- Present their claims to a judge or jury
We also provide compassionate, realistic advice that helps our clients make educated decisions.
Large trucks are a necessary part of our nation and city’s infrastructure. However, because these vehicles are so large and heavy, a crash can cause a serious damage to both property and people. In fact, there are over 4,000 fatal truck accidents (involving 5,000 deaths) each year. If you or someone you love suffered injuries in an accident with a semi-truck, then you deserve compensation for your pain.
Common causes of large truck accidents include the following:
- Driver fatigue and illness
- Driver inattention
- Aggressive driver actions
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Driving the truck with an unsecured load on the back
- Drug and alcohol consumption, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Negligent or reckless driving
- Improper passing and merging
- Excessively short braking distances
- Failure to yield
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Unsafe road conditions
After a truck accident, you need a personal injury lawyer to jump into action — preserving evidence, documenting your injuries, and standing up to the insurance company. Trucking companies and their insurers aggressively defend truck accident claims — and you need someone on your side who understands truck laws and litigation.
Because motorcycles offer less protection in a crash, bikers can easily sustain serious or fatal injuries in a crash. In 2006, crashes killed a reported 4,810 motorcyclists. Too frequently, law enforcement unfairly assumes that an injured biker was being irresponsible or reckless — blaming him or her for the accident and damaging their injury claims.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries during a motorcycle accident, you need aggressive and thorough representation. This might require a specialized investigation using experts and a detailed assessment of your circumstances. Contact Brylak Law for more information about how we might help.
Premises liability involves more than slip and falls. All property owners have certain duties towards people who enter their property. However, your duties vary depending on the relationship between you and the other person. For example, businesses that are open to the public are held to a relatively high duty, while trespassers don’t get much protection.
According to the law, if you have been injured by a property owner’s negligence, you may be able to win compensation for related expenses. San Antonio premises liability lawyer Wallace Brylak can explain both your rights and options to you.
A property owner who fails to take proper care of his or her guests can cause the following types of injuries:
- Slip and fall
- Escalator/elevator injuries
- Porch collapse
- Stair collapse
- Fires and explosions
- Lead paint poisoning
- Mercury and other chemical exposure
- Swimming pool injuries
An experienced San Antonio premises liability lawyer can help you understand the nuances of your claims and calculate your damages.
Property Owner Obligations
Under Texas law, property owners have different obligations to different kinds of visitors on their property, including the following:
- Invitee: This is a person who enters a business that is open to the public. For example, a customer in a store or a guest to an amusement park would be an invitee. Consequently, business owners have a duty to make sure their premises are reasonably safe for everyone.
- Licensee: This is an invited guest to a person’s home. People have a duty to warn licensees about any hazards known to them. A person who does not know about a certain hazard may not be liable for injuries it causes.
- Trespasser: This is a visitor with no explicit or implied invitation. People have a duty not to willfully harm trespassers, except in self-defense.
If you’re unsure what duties are involved in your claim, contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Sometimes, a dangerous or defective product causes an injury. Product liability claims are as diverse as our commercial marketplace. You might have a claim involving dangerous or defective:
- Car and truck parts, including tires and airbags
- Medications and medical devices
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Personal care products
- E-cigarettes and vape pens
- Unsafe toys and recreational products
You can file product liability claims against manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. These parties also have a duty to warn consumers about certain types of dangers associated with a product.
These claims require a highly technical analysis. Before you pursue a dangerous or defective product claim, it’s always in your best interest to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A lawyer can help you sort through your evidence, identify the right experts, and demand justice.
It’s also important to understand that you need to preserve the defective product. No matter how serious your allegations, your claim is probably worthless if you don’t have access to the defective or dangerous product. Because insurance companies sometimes try to destroy or dispose of suspect parts and products, you should contact a personal injury lawyer at Brylak Law immediately if you suspect you have a product liability claim.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured by Someone’s Negligence?
After a crash, accident, or serious injury, both your safety and health should be your primary concern. Contact law enforcement and seek medical care (if needed) as soon as possible. Medical treatment not only improves your chances of quick and full recovery, it also helps document your injuries and their connection to the accident. This is important evidence in a personal injury claim.
Many times, accident victims are simply focused on their injuries. However, if you’re capable, you should also take the following steps:
- Get the other party’s contact as well as insurance information
- Talk to witnesses and then get their contact information
- Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries
Later on, you’ll also need to request copies of the police reports and other information related to the accident.
Your next step should be contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer. You’ll need to file insurance claims relating to the accident. This isn’t always a simple process. Depending on the nature of your claim, you might have multiple claims involving competing insurance policies. Or, your damages might be hard to calculate. Or, the insurance company will target weaknesses in your claims and then pose a tough defense. Thus, it’s always best to be prepared.
A personal injury lawyer at Brylak Law will fight for you. To learn more about how we handle accident claims, contact us for a free consultation.
What Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Just like you, your personal injury claim is unique. At Brylak Law, we don’t simply input some basic information into a computer program to evaluate claims. Instead, we perform a detailed analysis that looks at:
- The severity of your injuries as well as your likelihood of recovery
- Your lost income (both past and future)
- Your medical bills in addition to need for future medical care
- The circumstances surrounding your accident
- The type of insurance coverage involved
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
Once we understand your claim, we’ll craft an estimate of its value and build a strategy that might help increase your odds of recovering a fair settlement.
Don’t Settle Your Injury Claim Until You Speak With a Personal Injury Lawyer
Insurance companies are in the business of denying claims — even valid ones. They try to reduce their liability by posing defenses and offering low-ball settlement offers, as well as wearing accident victims down. Don’t fall for their tactics.
Before you accept a settlement, you should always discuss your claim with a personal injury lawyer at Brylak Law. We listen to our clients, investigate their claims, and work with them to properly value all of their insurance claims. Our goal is to maximize our clients’ recoveries and then help them start over after an accident.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in San Antonio
If you have sustained injuries due to the negligence of a business or homeowner, contact personal injury lawyer Wallace Brylak. We assist clients throughout San Antonio with a wide variety of personal injury claims. If you’re ready to schedule a free, confidential assessment, contact us today.