If you were involved in an accident, you may seek compensation from an insurance company that insures the at-fault party. In certain circumstances, you may also seek compensation from your own insurance company (e.g. your auto insurance company if you were involved in a car accident). Unfortunately, our San Antonio car accident lawyer has seen an increase in false or exaggerated insurance claims, which causes insurance adjusters to scrutinize claims more thoroughly. So how can you convince the insurance company your personal injury claim is valid? A San Antonio personal injury lawyer provides some insight to prove the validity of your claim.
- Actively seek treatment to recover from your injuries. Insurance companies are likely to believe those in treatment are actually injured than those who only say they are injured fail to seek treatment. Thus, it is important that you attend all your appointments and cooperate with your treating physicians, including abiding by their recommendations such as refraining to perform in certain activities.
- Evidence of your damages including, medical records, reports, and invoices. You should have objective tests supporting your diagnosis or other records supporting your injuries and associated symptoms.
- Well-documented lost wages that cannot be successfully challenged in court, such as employment records, pay stubs, tax returns, etc. Your claim must also be reasonable. Your medical records must support your claim for lost wages. For example, your medical records must support your claim for temporary or permanent disability. Treatment notes or medical invoices should coincide with missed work days. Your records should also contain physical examination results along with your treating physician’s diagnosis and assessment that supports any activity restrictions and/or limitations.
- Actively contact and cooperate with your San Antonio car accident lawyer.
- Keep track of your expenses associated with the accident and the treatment of your injuries. This includes maintaining receipts, including out-of-pocket expenses for medications.
Seek a San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
Before speaking to the insurance company, consult a seasoned San Antonio car accident lawyer with Brylak Law at (866) 496-3815.