If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer to help you recover and move forward with life. Because of their immense size, trucks can cause serious accidents that result in catastrophic injuries. Your damages may be immense. Brylak Law can help you obtain compensation to cover your losses while you focus on getting well. Call us today at (866) 496-3815.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, you may be overwhelmed, as well as unsure of what to do next. An experienced truck accident lawyer can guide you through the claims process. Take these steps to get started:
- Call 911. Right when your truck accident happens, you should call the police. They will conduct a quick investigation and make a report that you can use later to prove your damages.
- Get medical help. Even if you don’t feel injured right away, some injuries like whiplash can take days to appear. You should be evaluated by a hospital or doctor right away. Further, you should continue medical treatment as your doctor recommends it to prove the extent of your injuries.
- Gather information at the scene. When you’re involved in an accident, you should obtain information from other drivers and witnesses. That includes their names, contact information, and insurance policy numbers.
- Take pictures and video. Other evidence you can obtain at the scene includes photos and videos of vehicles and the environment. Take pictures from various angles and zoom ranges.
- Call a truck accident lawyer. As soon as possible after your accident, contact a truck accident lawyer to begin an independent investigation. We will evaluate every piece of evidence and start forming your case right away.
Truck Accident Investigations
One of the most important parts of your claim will be the truck accident investigation. Essentially, it is a search for the truth. We will work to determine who is at fault for your accident and who should be responsible for your injuries and other losses.
Truckers and trucking companies must comply with many rules and laws. We will evaluate driving records, company documents, and information from the black box inside the truck to determine the cause of the accident. It is likely that both the driver and his employer are somewhat at fault. In any case, you will need to make an insurance claim for compensation.
Truckers are required to have a significant amount of insurance – much more than a typical driver. Thus, it is usually possible to obtain compensation for all of your losses. A truck accident lawyer can help you recover what you deserve.
Drowsy Driving: A Common Cause of Truck Accidents
One of the most common causes of truck accidents is drowsy driving. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that drowsy driving causes as many as 100,000 accidents every year. Every one of those accidents can be prevented.
Trucking companies often push their drivers to work unreasonable hours that violate regulations. They often driver overnight and push themselves in unsafe working conditions. Driving a semi-truck requires a lot of concentration. Sleepy drivers are unable to focus and can cause wrecks. A skilled truck accident lawyer will evaluate your situation and determine if drowsy driving was a cause of your accident.
Call a Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you sustained injuries in a truck accident, call the police immediately and seek medical attention. After that, you should begin gathering information and call a truck accident lawyer to start your claim for compensation. Brylak Law can help. Call us today at (866) 496-3815.