Pueblo CO Truck Accident Lawyer
Because commercial trucks are larger and heavier, truck wrecks often result in serious injuries or sometimes even death. In order to receive compensation after a crash, you need the legal expertise of a Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer. Truck accident claims are complex. An experienced attorney can help you protect your rights as well as your legal claim. Call Brylak Law at (866) 496-3815 today.
Common Types of Trucking Accidents in Pueblo CO
Although single vehicle accidents involving only a truck may occur, many crashes involve other motor vehicles or people. Common types of accidents include the following:
- Multi-vehicle accidents with other cars, buses, or motorcycles
- Bicycle and truck accidents
- Pedestrian and truck accidents
- Animal and truck accidents
The more people involved in an accident, the more costly the wreck can be. A Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process with other drivers, a trucking company, and aggressive insurance agencies.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
When investigating a truck accident, it’s important to determine the cause of the accident. This will help you figure out which party was at fault and thus caused your injuries. Once you determine whose actions (or inaction) caused the wreck, you can hold that party responsible for your losses. Common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Truck driver error
- Violation of traffic laws, such as speeding
- Driver fatigue
- Inexperience or improper training
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Defective truck parts
- Improper maintenance
- Unsafe road conditions
- Dangerous weather
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Improperly loaded or overweight trucks
Your Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer will conduct an independent investigation to determine the cause of your accident. This may require reviewing police accident reports, evidence at the scene, and hiring an expert witness.
Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident?
When determining liability for a truck accident, you are trying to determine who is legally responsible for your losses. In a typical car accident, the driver who was negligent is also liable. However, truck accident cases can be more complex. You must consider multiple insurance policies, employment laws, and personal injury practices.
A Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer can help you determine if the following parties are liable for your damages:
- The driver – If a truck driver is an independent contractor or acted outside of the scope of their employment, they may be personally liable for your damages.
- The trucking company – In many cases, even if a driver was negligent, the trucking company will be liable as the employer. Sometimes you may hold both the driver and company liable.
- A manufacturing company – If the truck or parts were designed or manufactured defectively, then you may hold an outside company responsible for creating a dangerous situation.
- A maintenance company – If the truck was improperly maintained or a maintenance company broke something on the vehicle, they may be responsible for damages.
Many times, people will try to point the finger of blame at other parties to avoid liability in a truck accident claim. Your Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer can work to determine who is responsible and hold them accountable.
Colorado State and Federal Trucking Laws
Truck companies and drivers must comply with various state and federal laws. If they do not, and they cause a wreck, they can be held liable for damages that are caused. Your Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer will review truck records, black box recordings, dash cam information, driving hour logs, etc. to determine whether the trucking company and driver were in compliance with all relevant laws.
Compensation After a Truck Accident
Dealing with the physical and mental pain of serious truck accident injuries is stressful enough. You shouldn’t have to worry about your financial situation on top of that. A Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Disability and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium and enjoyment of life
- Burial and funeral costs, if you lost a loved one
- Punitive damages
It’s important to work with an attorney right away because the value of your case will diminish quickly as the evidence fades.
Contact a Pueblo CO Truck Accident Lawyer Today
At Brylak Law, we advocate for clients who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones in truck accidents. Call our Pueblo CO truck accident lawyer today at (866) 496-3815.