Pueblo CO Car Accident Lawyer
The aftermath of a car wreck can be difficult to handle, especially if you have injuries and are facing a long recovery. If you or a loved one has been involved in a crash, a Pueblo CO car accident lawyer can help. Instead of dealing with the insurance companies alone, our experienced attorneys will walk you through the car accident claims process and work to help you obtain a fair compensation for your losses. Call Brylak Law today at (866) 496-3815 for a free consultation of your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Colorado
Thousands of car crashes happen in Colorado every year. Most of those accidents occur due to the negligence of a driver. In order to prove that another driver was negligent, you must show the following:
- The other driver had a duty to operate their vehicle in a safe manner;
- The driver violated that duty of care;
- The driver’s actions or inaction resulted in a car accident; and
- You suffered losses because of the driver’s violation of the duty of care.
While driver error, or negligence, is a common cause of accidents, there are many other causes as well, including:
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving with a lack of experience
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Traffic law violations, such as speeding, failure to stop, or unsafe lane change
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fatigued driving
- Unsafe roadways
- Dangerous weather
- Defective auto parts
- Improper maintenance of the vehicle
An experienced Pueblo CO car accident lawyer can work to prove that your accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
The aftermath of a car accident can be extremely overwhelming. Take these steps to avoid confusion and mistakes:
- Assess yourself and others for injuries. Seek medical assistance right away if you are injured.
- Call the police. The accident report and any citations issued will help you with an insurance claim.
- Exchange personal and insurance information with other drivers. Also, collect names of bystanders and witnesses.
- Take photos and videos of the scene. Make sure you record any damage to the vehicles, condition of the road, and placement of the cars. Take pictures of signs, injuries, and people standing nearby.
- Call a Pueblo CO car accident lawyer right away. The longer you wait to start an investigation, the less evidence will be available to evaluate.
After a car accident, it’s important to talk to your Pueblo CO car accident lawyer and avoid talking to insurance adjusters. Your attorney can handle the claim and any legal issues for you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
After a car accident, you may be seriously injured. However, some injuries can take time to develop. Soft tissue damage, nerve injuries, and other conditions can take days or weeks to show up. It’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after a car accident, but you should also follow up with a doctor to fully document your damage.
Common injuries that people incur in car accidents include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Concussions and more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Bruises and lacerations
- Back and spinal cord injuries, including herniated disks
- Strains and sprains to muscles
- Broken bones
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental health problems
A Pueblo CO car accident lawyer can review your medical records and help you prove to an insurance company that you deserve compensation for your injuries.
How Much Is My Pueblo CO Car Accident Worth?
In most cases, you will file an insurance claim against the negligent driver after an accident. However, if the driver was uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. If no insurance is available, you may file a personal injury lawsuit against the person or company responsible for your injuries.
If you work with a Pueblo CO car accident lawyer, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Modifications to vehicles and your home due to disability
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
Contact a Pueblo CO Car Accident Lawyer Today
At Brylak Law, we have extensive experience helping clients obtain compensation for the economic and non-economic losses they incur in a car accident. Call our Pueblo CO car accident lawyer today at (866) 496-3815.